Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Big Batch


After an amazing tasting a couple of weeks ago I embarked on my first big batch of pickles.

Not only did we pickle cucumbers this time but we did Carrots, Asparagus, Okra, and Green Beans!

We are going to try a little experiment with this round and taste a jar after only a week to see if the flavor is there.  I still think it will take at least a month to get the full flavor but Tony wants to test it out so I'm willing to give it a try.  So today is the day for that.  More later about the early tasting!

Super Hot's have been the favorites so far so I did a big batch of just those.  I also made a jar of what I call "Stupid Hot" for Granzow.  Can't wait to see how those turn out!

All of the Veggies are Super Hot as well.  Tony thought that would go best with Bloody Mary's.  I agree.  I'm really hoping those turn out tasty.

We also used Calcium Chloride to make the pickles crispier this time.  I hope that helps.  Now it's off to taste our hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment