Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pickles!

Every since I was a kid I've loved pickles.  It was one of my first words.  "Pick-wee"  Mom thought it was cute, and my love of pickles started right then and there.  In the last year or so I've been making Hot Pickles at home from a guessed recipe from this old Russian Deli in Topeka, KS.  It's a simple recipe, I don't even have to pickle cucumbers, I just add ingredients to store bought Dills.  I've had it in mind to make my own from scratch for over a year, I just didn't know how to do it.  So after a weekend of online research and a trip to the local farmers market I'm ready to begin.  It's a long process and I'm excited to see how my first batch will turn out. 
My goal with this blog is to keep myself on track as far as remembering procedures, ingredients, and the like.  I also would love to get good enough at making pickles that I could make a small business out of it.  Selling at Farmer's Markets in the area and such.  I think it would be a fun hobby that could turn into a successful business.  Who knows?  Maybe someday you'll be buying a jar of my pickles right off the grocery store shelf! 
So here goes!  Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment