Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A new frontier

I did some experimental pickling yesterday. I've had a lot of requests for bread and butter pickles so I made three jars of those with a recipe that i made up. We'll see how those taste. I also pickled some tomitillos. They were a little bigger than I would have liked but I know in the summer their will be more variety at the farmers market to choose from. If I like the way these turn out I might add them to the line up. I would like to try peeling them next time. I also filled an order for some asparagus and made some Bloody Buddies. I want to take them to bars/restaurants and get them in the bloody mary brunches around town. The thing I'm most excited about is my new jars! They look so great. I took some photos today, but didn't have time to up load them before work. I'll share those tomorrow. All in all I'm glad to be back on track!

1 comment:

  1. Let me just say AWESOME choice for bread and butters!!!

    --Andy

    ReplyDelete